CAPA will be hosting their 2020 Winter CME Conference on February 6-9 at the Village at Breckenridge.
Don’t miss this deal! Take full advantage of the early bird special by registering for the conference before prices increase on January 6, 2020.
CAPA has been approved for 25 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credit. Physician assistants should claim only those hours actually spent participating in the CME activity.
Sponsorship and Exhibitor Opportunities are available!
Click here to view CAPA Sponsor Agreement 2020
Anticipated workshops to include: Casting/splinting, suturing, Ultrasound, EKGs, and Joint Injections. Exact days and times TBD.
Thursday, February 6, 2020
- 9:00 – 11:30 am Board Meeting
- 11:30 am Registration and badge pick up opens
- 1:00 – 1:50 pm American Academy of PAs Update | Erika Miller
- 2:00 – 2:50 pm Wound Care Tips and Tricks | Shelley Brake, PA-C
- 3:00 – 3:50 pm D-dimer? Pump the Breaks | Brett Burbridge, PA-C
- 4:00 – 4:50 pm Orthopedic Refresher: Common Problems, Work Up and Treatment in the Primary Care Setting | Sylvia “Yvonne” Ellington, MPA, PA-C
- Evening event: Happy Hour / Meet the Board
Friday, February 7, 2020
- 7:00 – 8:30 am Registration Open and Breakfast
- 8:00 – 8:50 am Overview of Gastrointestinal Malignancies | Tiffany Valone, PA-C
- 9:00 – 9:50 am Sugar, Sugar, How’d You Get So High: An In-Depth Look at Renal Related Diabetes Pharmacotherapy | Morgan Payne, PharmD, BCACP
- 9:00 – 10:30 am EKG Workshop for the Practicing PA | Brett Burbridge, PA-C *This workshop is limited to 20 participants, closed to students at this time*
- 9:00 – 11:00 am Joint Injection Workshop | Gary Sakryd, PA-C *This workshop is limited to 20 participants, closed to students at this time*
- 10:00 – 10:50 am 5 Common Shoulder Conditions Seen in Primary Care | Keri Riechers, PA-C
- 11:00 – 11:50 am Stemming the Progression of Diabetic Kidney Disease: The Role of the Primary Care Clinician | Kim Zuber, PA-C
- 12:00 – 12:50 LUNCH – sponsored by UCHealth
- 1:00 – 1:50 pm Plain Film Diagnoses You Can’t Afford to Miss | Dayna Jaynstein, PA-C
- 2:00 – 2:50 pm Dermatology Confessions of an Ex-PCP: Tips and Tricks for Primary Care and Other Non-Dermatology Providers | Meg Townsend, PA-C
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm Ultrasound Workshop | Dr. Vaughn Browne *This workshop is limited to 50 participants, open to students*
- 3:00 – 3:50 pm The Good, the Bad, and the Iatrogenic: Renal Medication Dosing | Kim Zuber, PA-C
- 4:00 – 4:50 pm The Neurobiology of Street Drugs and Addiction Neuroplasticity | Joe Gilboy, PA-C
- 6:00 – 9:00 pm Welcome Dinner | Featuring: Student silent auction, CAPA Presidential Address, CAPA Awards
Saturday, February 8, 2020
- 7:00 – 8:30 am Breakfast
- 8:00 – 8:50 am Medical Nutrition Therapy Essentials for the Treatment of Type 2 DM | Susana Storeng, DMSc, MPAS, PA-C
- 9:00 – 9:50 am CAPA Legislative Update | Diana Protopapa
- 9:00 – 11:00 am Suturing Workshop | Alysia Wiley, PA-C & Peggy Walsh, PA-C Advanced and beginner material and breakout sessions *This workshop is limited to 50 participants, open to students*
- 10:00 – 10:50 am The Ethical Approach to Vaccine Hesitancy | Rachel De La Costa, PA-C
- 11:00 – 11:50 am Breast Cancer Screening in Men and Women | Whitney Lambarri, MS, PA-C
- 12:00 – 12:50 LUNCH
- 1:00 – 4:00 pm Student Corner | PANCE Prep, New Grad Panel, Resume/CV workshop *See separate agenda, current and future students welcome. Please register separately.*
- 1:00 – 1:50 pm Approach to the Presenting Fever in Adult and Pediatric Patients | Tanya Fernandez, PA-C and Kelsey Dougherty, PA-C
- 2:00 – 2:50 pm Overview of Food Allergies | Alex Phillips, PA-C
- 3:00 – 3:50 pm Management of the Post-Stroke Patient | Dana Coutts, PA-C
- 4:00 – 4:50 pm Keynote Speaker A Patient’s Experience | Dave Mackey, PA-C
- 7:00 – 9:00 pm Student Challenge Bowl | Featuring light snacks and cash bar *Open and encouraged for all registrants and families.*
Sunday, February 9, 2020
- 8:00 – 8:50 am Topic and speaker TBD
- 9:00 – 10:50 am Casting and Splinting Workshop | Gary Sakryd, PA-C *This workshop is limited to 40 participants, open to students*
The Village at Breckenridge
535 S. Park Avenue
Breckenridge, CO 80424
Reservations must be made before January 6, 2020.
Call In Reservations. To reserve rooms at the Winter CME Meeting group rate, call Group Reservations at: (888)-811-8287 and
- select option 2; provide agent with Group Code BC1CM9
Epic Mountain Express offers both shared ride shuttles and private car airport services from Denver International Airport (DIA) and Eagle County Regional Airport directly to Breckenridge! Book online now! Online reservations cannot be made on same day of travel. Please call 800.525.6363 to book same day reservations.
CAPA Student Challenge Bowl
Saturday, February 8, 2020
Open to up to 5 teams from each PA program. Compete against your peers in teams of 3 as a fun way to test your knowledge and sharpen your skills. Those who are not competing, and supporters who are not registered for the CME Conference are welcome to attend and cheer on your teams at no cost. More details and registration available here.
Click here to workshop registration. You must complete the waiver to participate in the workshops.
*You must be logged in to access members tickets.
*The Welcome Dinner is included in your full conference registration. If you’d like to bring a guest to the Welcome Dinner, you can add a guess pass for $30 by using the ticket selector below.
- CAPA 2020 Winter CME – Thursday
February 6, 2020
9:30 am - 6:00 pm
- CAPA 2020 Winter CME – Friday
February 7, 2020
7:30 am - 4:50 pm
- CAPA 2020 Winter CME – Saturday
February 8, 2020
7:30 am - 9:00 pm
- CAPA 2020 Winter CME – Sunday
February 9, 2020
7:30 am - 10:50 am
- Welcome Dinner (included in conference registration)
February 7, 2020
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- EKG Workshop for the Practicing PA
February 7, 2020
9:00 am - 10:30 am